- News Category
- Charter Schools
- Child Nutrition
- Construction/Bond Issues
- Joe's Commentaries
- National News
- Property Tax
- Risk Management
- School Finance
- Special Articles
- State Board of Education
- SuperSearch Page
- Technology in Education
- TexasISD General News
- Preventive Law
TexasISD "Events and Opportunities"
Eichelbaum Wardell Hansen Powell & Mehl, P.C.
Legal Issues for School Secretaries
January 21, 2020 | Region 19 ESC
Prepare your school’s secretary, and first line of defense, with important and helpful information they can use every day. Provide practical methods for handling issues with legal implications a school’s front office frequently confronts. This training will include the latest on bullying, cyberbullying, reporting requirements for SBEC and CPS, FERPA, and social media issues.
- Bullying and Cyberbullying
- Child Abuse
- Family Issues
- First Amendment
- Harassment & Discrimination
- Search & Seizure
- Sex Offenders
- Social Media
- Student Records
Who Should Attend:
School Secretaries, PEIMS Administrators, Office Managers, Attendance Clerks, Counselors
When and Where:
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Region 19 ESC
661 Boeing Dr.
El Paso, TX 79925
January - February 2019
Don’t miss out on this information-packed session about legal aspects of cheerleading and drill teams! This year there will be increased focus on social media policies.
Participants will be provided practical advice for handling situations often encountered by administrators and coaches.
Topics We'll Cover
- Social Media and Cyberbullying
- Rights Associated with Extracurricular Activities
- UIL and Coaching Requirements
- Options for Selecting Team Members
- District and Staff Liability & Immunity
- Transportation and Other Travel Issues
- Access to Education Records, Score Cards
- Title IX Gender Issues, LGBT
- Relevant Federal and State Court Cases
- Extracurricular Codes of Conduct
- Discipline and Removal from Team
- Cheerleader Constitutions
- Student and Parent Complaints
Who Should Attend
Campus Administrators, Directors of Student Services, Directors of Fine Arts, Athletic Directors, Cheer Coaches, Drill Team/Dance Teachers
$200 per person
For a list of dates and locations, please visit www.edlaw.com.