- News Category
- Charter Schools
- Child Nutrition
- Construction/Bond Issues
- Joe's Commentaries
- National News
- Property Tax
- Risk Management
- School Finance
- Special Articles
- State Board of Education
- SuperSearch Page
- Technology in Education
- TexasISD General News
- Preventive Law
TexasISD "Events and Opportunities"
Eichelbaum Wardell Hansen Powell & Muñoz, P.C.
Senate Bill 943 goes into effect on January 1, 2020 and brings with it a sweeping change to how the Public Information Act handles high dollar contracts and a new category of documents called "contracting information." Not only are there new deadlines and responsibilities for PIA officers, but contracts worth over $1 million need to have new language to comply with the law. Learn everything you need to know as a PIA officer or the purchasing department for dealing with the new requirements in the new year.
- Expanded duties and powers of Public Information Officers
- Duties of employees to provide or maintain information
- When requests for information are invalid
$100 per computer
Jan 15, 2020 | 12:00-1:30 pm
Jan 23, 2020 | 12:00-1:30 pm
For more information and to register online, click here.
If your district wants to build, you need to start out with the right foundation. How can you obtain valuable construction insight without leaving your office? Join Eichelbaum Wardell Hansen Powell & Muñoz, P.C. for our timely Construction Essentials Workshop webinar sessions.
Attend these one hour webinar sessions from the comfort of your desk or conference room. You can participate by yourself or share the sessions with others in your district. All you need is a computer, an internet connection and a telephone.
All sessions will be presented by David P. Hansen.
Webinar Series Descriptions
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before You Build - In this training you will learn about bond publicity, seeking architects and taking the steps that will allow you to hit the ground running once you pass your bond. Remember - in construction, time really is money.
- What Can I Expect From My Architect? - Learn what your architect can and should do for you. From pre-bond planning through final payment, the possibilities may surprise you.
- What Can I Expect From My Contractor? - Learn about the role of the contractor in the Construction Manager at Risk, Construction Manager-Agent and General Contractor methods of delivery.
- Listen Up Contractor! I've Got Something To Say - Learn 5 things you can do when your project starts to head south.
$150 per session
$450 for all four sessions
Prices are per computer.
10 Things You Need to Know Before You Build - Jan 21 2020 | 12:00 - 1:00pm
What Can I Expect From My Architect? - Jan 28 2020 | 12:00 - 1:00pm
What Can I Expect From My Contractor? - Feb 04 2020 | 12:00 - 1:00pm
Listen Up Contractor! I’ve Got Something to Say - Feb 11 2020 | 12:00 - 1:00pm
January - February 2019
Don’t miss out on this information-packed session about legal aspects of cheerleading and drill teams! This year there will be increased focus on social media policies.
Participants will be provided practical advice for handling situations often encountered by administrators and coaches.
Topics We'll Cover
- Social Media and Cyberbullying
- Rights Associated with Extracurricular Activities
- UIL and Coaching Requirements
- Options for Selecting Team Members
- District and Staff Liability & Immunity
- Transportation and Other Travel Issues
- Access to Education Records, Score Cards
- Title IX Gender Issues, LGBT
- Relevant Federal and State Court Cases
- Extracurricular Codes of Conduct
- Discipline and Removal from Team
- Cheerleader Constitutions
- Student and Parent Complaints
Who Should Attend
Campus Administrators, Directors of Student Services, Directors of Fine Arts, Athletic Directors, Cheer Coaches, Drill Team/Dance Teachers
$200 per person
For a list of dates and locations, please visit www.edlaw.com.